The certification holder has completed an ACT Certified Educator–Basics training program and passed a knowledge-based assessment related to fundamental aspects of the ACT Test. These include but are not limited to knowledge of administration, procedures, resources, test security, customer care, score reporting, interpretation, and benchmarks. The certification holder has met the standards set forth by the ACT Certified Educator program and has demonstrated sufficient understanding of:
• (1) fundamental aspects of the ACT Exam (that is, aspects related to general test design and administration but not specific to any of the individual subject areas), and;
• (2) practical skills and knowledge for tutoring students about the logistics of taking the ACT, general test-taking strategies, and approaches to studying.
Criteria to earn this badge
The certification holder has met the following requirements.
• Read and agreed to the ACT Certified Educator Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
• Completed a 9-hour ACT Certified Educator program covering the fundamentals of the ACT Test (including but not limited to administration, procedures, resources, test security, customer care, score reporting, interpretation and benchmarks) as well as an introduction to individualized tutoring strategies for test success.
• Passed an ACT Certified Educator–Basics examination demonstrating knowledge of the ACT Test.
The credential holder is authorized to use the ACE–B designation. The certification will be valid for 2 years from the date of award.
The ACE–B certification holder is bound by the standards of ACT related to the protection of ACT’s intellectual property. The ACE–B certification holder is required to demonstrate the highest levels of ethical behavior and professionalism as described in the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. The certification is subject to revocation if ACT receives notice that those standards are violated.